12.13.2010

I had this post pended but wrote on December 12, 2010

My Dad was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer in Feburary of this year, now it has morphed into Sarcomatoid Carcinoma of the Prostate, a rare form of cancer, which little research has been done on.


So my thoughts today, took me to where I was the first day I found out and


Immediately upon finding out, I was full of saddness, hurt and anger! My next thoughts on my long ride on the train were ...I Know of some horrible men that need to suffer and DANG, why couldn't it be them with this disease but NOT MY DAD! I knew that this wasn't the work of GOD, because GOD isn't who gives us sickness or diseases, GOD want's us to live life abundantly. I know some folks always say, GOD is punishing me, but if you read scriputure you will know it is NOT HIM!


So the more I thought about it, I start to think about all the good in my daddy.


My dad is a WONDERFUL husband to my mother, they have been married for almost 40 years. My dad has always provided for all of us, to include his grandchildren WE ALL LOVE AND ADORE HIM, HE IS OUR HERO! My DAD served in the military for 20 plus years, he was a Drill Sergeant that helped guide and train many soliders that SERVE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA US ARMY. My dad has helped other families (related and unrelated) and has always offered to help anyone in need.


Since finding out that my dad has this Sarcomatoid Carcinoma of the Prostate, I have learned that those bad men, I KNOW, I must forgive and heal from the pain. I have always been close to my family of five (dad, mom, 2 sisters), but I've realized that all the have since also asked for forgiveness for my thoughts of the bad men I know having this Cancer instead of my dad.

From the moment I found out up until this day, I have prayed for healing in my daddy's body, expecting these words to be fulfilled, BY HIS STRIPES WE ARE HEALED. Everyday, I reach out to Doctors, the media, churches, hospitals, congress men and women, delegates, etc...asking, seeking and knocking. If they don't respond, I continue to work, because Faith without works is dead. Everyday, I somehow reach out to someone based on my faith, for Faith is believing in what is true, and Jesus said I AM the WAY THE TRUTH and THE LIFE! EVERYDAY my faith increases and I will continue to walk by faith and not by sight hoping for the evidence of things not seen.

No comments: