12.13.2010

Blessed

Throughout this fight with Sarcomatoid Carcinoma (initially prostate cancer), my fathers story has touched A LOT of people. We receive e-mails from people showing their support, feeling our pain and who are praying for us on a regular basis. It is so touching. There are some of those people who stand out and take the extra step to touch our lives even more.

Last month I received an e-mail from Ronda, I believe I posted her e-mail on the blog. Ronda dealt with something similar and feels a personal connection to our story. There are a lot of similarities in our stories and we too feel a connection with her.

Last week her husband Keith James ( http://www.chefupnorth.com/ ) who is a MAGNIFICENT chef that owns a catering company prepared and delivered 10 COMPLETE MEALS for my father. A family that we had NEVER met but felt connected and wanted to help took the time to deliver and cook 10 MEALS for my Dad. If that is not amazing, I don't know what is.

My dad was ALL smiles when they brought the meals to him. I have been the main "chef" since my father was diagnosed and I do OK :) After each of Keith's meals I asked my dad "how was it?" and he said "it was REALLY good! It was well seasoned and tender. It was good!" Normally after one of my meals I ask "how was it?" and he says *long pause* "it was pretty good"

ON TOP OF THAT... Ronda and her husband INSISTED that we contact them when the meals run out and offered to make my dad even more.


Keith and his little one showing us the meals he prepared

Keith showing my father the meals he prepared for him


Right before Keith, Ronda and their little one showed up, a journalist came to speak with us about my Dad's story. We will post the story when it is released!


1 comment:

Irvin Young said...

I just read the story about your father and the young family that showed so much love to your family. Years ago I lost my wife and dad both to cancer. So I understand how hard this situation can be for any person with this dreaded ailment as well as family members.

I wish you all the very best and hope that all is well with you and your family. I don't have very much in the way of finances that I can offer you, but I can at least give you the gift of music.

I am a jazz/funk/hip-hop musician and wish to share a song I composed entitled "Indigo Moon". If you would like to download it for free please send me an email at my personal email address which is blaqueahys@mail.com

(Blaque Ahys) is the name of our band. We have even gone as far as to donate a portion of our CD sales to further research on both AIDS/HIV and Cancer.

May God Bless you and your family forever!

Skipp (Blaque Ahys)