2.21.2011

Fox 5 News


Today, my WONDERFUL father was featured on Fox 5 News :) My niece "Little Pearl" sealed the deal by sending this letter:

This morning before I went to school, (I go to Ernest Everett Just Middle School) my mom had Fox 5 Morning News on and I remember you all saying to post pictures on your facebook page of our Grandparents. My grandfather passed away December 20, 2010 and he was diagnosed with Sarcomatoid Carcinoma of the Prostate (rare form of prostate cancer). He is a Black History Icon and his legacy will live on through us, his grandkids and my mom and her sisters and my amma who he loved always and forever (their favorite song). 3 days prior to his passing he signed paperwork to incorporate a non-profit we call Warriors Fighting for HIS Cure, Inc. We miss him ALOT, but we will continue to raise awareness against Prostate Cancer. We have some upcoming Benefit Concerts in his honor that Musicman ministries & Our Warriors Fighting for HIS Cure, Inc are having 3 concert in Memory of my grandfather to Celebrate his life. We had a concert in January and our next one is February 27, 2011, after that one we will have one in March. This coming weekend we are having a Black History Awareness event in his honor as well. We have a blog, 4 wewalkbyfaith.blogspot.com telling his story. We miss you gennana and love you and we will continue to Raise Awareness against Prostate Cancer and Sarcomatoid Carcinoma of the Prostate (rare form of Prostate Cancer) until there is a cure. love you Genana, All World Girl Pearl (amma misses you and we hope the President and the First lady do light the white house Blue in September, so you will see from Heaven. Hope amma can be there too. We are writing letters and hope they will get them.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This letter and the whole story is so touching. I've met Mr. Muckelvene and thought he was funny and friendly. I was so saddened to hear about his sicknes and then his death. I prayed for you and the family then and then I came across the gospel concert (thanks to Auntie Pearl--as I like to call her) link and blog. I would like to support the petition and the cause.

My prayers will continue to be with the Muckelvene family.

-Veronica